AFYM Schools’ Day on Friday 31 January 2020 moves to a beautiful new venue of St Mary’s Church Swansea, and runs ahead of the Main Festival
All the usual camaraderie, fun and enjoyment of Schools’ Day, now in a new location. Primary schools are invited to bring their music ensembles, bands, orchestras, choirs and recorder groups to perform to a well-reputed adjudicator in a friendly and supportive atmosphere. Competitive and non-competitive classes run through the day culminating in the Music Showcase – your chance to make music!
ONLINE ENTRY REGISTRATION—new for the 2020 AFYM Festival
- Registration is available on the AFYM website afym.org.uk
- AFYM uses Eventbrite to host its online entry to classes and workshops for the 2020 Festival, and to manage online payment processing. Eventbrite is a worldwide company used by large and small organisations for events and has secure approved payment systems.
- Registration is open until 31 October 2019 for the Main Festival and for Schools’ Day, and until 1 December 2019 for the BBC NOW Orchestral Workshop. No entries are possible after the closing dates.
- Registrations are required even if there is no fee for entry (e.g. workshops, schools’ day).
- Payment is made online by credit or debit card or by PayPal.
- There are no additional costs beyond the class entry fees or programme purchase price.
- There are no refunds.
- Performers under 18 years of age must be registered by a ‘Responsible Adult’; by default this is the card holder paying for the entries online, or the named adult ‘contact’ for free-of-charge classes.
- It will be helpful to have the current syllabus with you when you select your classes and pay for your entries.
- When registering you are required to complete all information necessary for each performer to enter each class. For multiple entries you may find it easiest to group transactions either by class (entering multiple performers) or by performer (entering multiple classes). You can register additional entries as many times as you like until registration closes. If necessary, you can make limited changes to your entries until the registration closing date.
- During registration you will not be required to state the music to be played, but you will have to state it at the Festival, so be prepared when you attend.
- Once you have registered and paid, a confirmation email will show the details you have entered. This email will be sent to the Responsible Adult. If you don’t receive the email on the same day, please check your email address is correct on your entry, and also notify AFYM that you have registered – email CarolineJohnson@afym.org.uk .
- Once classes have been scheduled they are made available on the AFYM website, and a notification email is sent advising dates, times and venues of your specific classes. This email is sent only to the Responsible Adult.
- If you purchase a Festival Programme online it will be mailed to you before the Festival.
- If you have registration difficulties that you cannot resolve, please contact Caroline Johnson—email CarolineJohnson@afym.org.uk, or phone 07917 353889 if it is urgent.
This is the first time AFYM has enabled online registration of entries. The process has been tested before going ’live’ but we ask for your patience if there are any initial teething troubles.
We hope you have a smooth and trouble-free registration experience, and we look forward to seeing you at the 2020 Festival.